Our Hearing Services
We offer a full range of audiology services that cover every part of your hearing healthcare needs, and we serve patients of all ages, including children. Let us use our expertise to improve your hearing so you can get back to living the life you love.
- Diagnostic audiological evaluations: A comprehensive evaluation will determine if you have hearing loss, the nature of your hearing loss, and whether you're a good candidate for hearing aids and/or need another form of treatment to hear better.
- Hearing aid evaluation and selection: We carry some of the best hearing aids available today, including those with Bluetooth connectivity. Based on your hearing loss and what you need and want out of your hearing aids, we'll make a personalized recommendation for you.
- Hearing aid dispensing and fitting: Hearing aids must be fit and programmed to your individual needs so that you can hear and feel your best.
- Hearing aid repairs: If your hearing aids stop working, bring them to us and we can usually get them working again with a thorough cleaning. But in case we do need to send them to the manufacturer, we keep loaner devices in stock so you're never without your hearing.
- Pediatric audiology: Dr. Ostergren has experience working with children who have hearing loss and other hearing issues. We are happy to help younger patients of all ages, and we know how to put them (and their families) at ease.
- Tinnitus evaluation and management: Tinnitus, also known as “ringing in the ears,” has many treatment options. We can evaluate your tinnitus to see if one of these treatments would be right for you.
- Earwax removal: The accumulation of earwax (technically called cerumen) can affect your hearing and build up in your hearing aids. We can keep your ears clear and free of excessive earwax.
- Live speech mapping: This is a method of evaluating how well your hearing aids are helping you, using actual speech instead of tones for more accurate results.
When you are first fitted with new hearing aids, we like to keep in touch to see how things are going. Depending on how you feel, we may see you only once during this time, or we may ask you to check in with us several times. It's all about finding the right balance to make sure you have the help you need.
We schedule follow-up appointments every six months, but you are welcome to come see us any time you need help with your hearing aids. In addition to giving you the best help possible, every Thursday is our flex day, meaning we can fit in appointments on short notice.